TRONA– Hundreds of residents and families packed Trona High School this morning to attend a town hall. In partnership with local, state, and federal agencies, Senator Shannon Grove (R-Bakersfield) delivered up-to-date information to assist those impacted by the earthquakes.
“It is imperative that our community members impacted by the earthquakes know where to turn for help. The local assistance center and many local, state, and federal agencies are here to help and provide resources.
“It is inspiring to hear the stories of our community coming together and supporting each other during this devastating time. We truly are united and resilient.
“First responders are still assessing damages, but I am confident that our communities will rebuild and come out even stronger,” said Senator Shannon Grove.
The following offices and their representatives were in attendance at today’s town hall:
- Assemblyman Jay Obernolte
- California Office of Emergency Services
- California Department of Transportation
- California Department of Insurance
- American Red Cross
- Searles Valley Minerals
- San Bernardino County of Board of Supervisors
- San Bernardino County Sheriff & County Fire Department
- San Bernardino County Land Use Services, Public Works & Public Health
- Pacific Gas & Electric
- Representatives from the offices of: Rep. Kevin McCarthy, Rep. Paul Cook, Senator Dianne Feinstein and Senator Kamala Harris